1. The Preamble of the Indian constitution adopted on 26th November 1949 include the terms :
2. Assertion (A): The Constitution of India has become the longest one.
Reason (R): The Chapter on Fundamental Rights has been borrowed from the model of American Constitution.
Choose the correct answer using the code given below :
3. Which of the following statements about the formation of the constituent Assembly is/are correct?
1. The members of the Constituent Assembly were chosen on the basis of the provincial elections of 1946.
2. The Constituent Assembly did not include representatives of the princely States.
3. The discussions within the Constituent Assembly were not influenced by opinions expressed by the public.
4. In order to create a sense of collective participation, submissions were solicited from the public.
Select the CORRECT answer using the code given below.
4. Consider the following statements regarding the composition of the Constituent Assembly:
1. The representatives were to be elected from the four constituents– Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, and Christian.
2. The chairman of the Union Constitution Committee was SardarVallabhbhai Patel.
3. The total strength of the Constituent Assembly was 389.
4. The Drafting Committee under the chairmanship of Dr. B. R.Ambedkar consisted of eight members.
Which of these is/are correct?
5. Consider the following statements about the Preamble of the constitution and state which of them are correct with the help of given codes:
1. The objective resolution proposed by Pt. Nehru ultimately became the Preamble.
2. It is not justiciable in nature.
3. It cannot be amended.
4. It cannot override the specific provisions of the Constitution.
6. The Constituent Assembly of India convened to prepare the constitution of India appointed a sub-committee headed by Gopinath Bordoloi.
Which of the following recommendations was/were made by the committee?
1. Fifth Schedule for the North-East Frontier (Asom) Tribal and excluded Areas.
2. Constitution of District Councils in all autonomous districts of Asom.
3. Sixth Schedule for the North-East Frontier (Asom) Tribal and excluded Areas.
4. Demarcation of territories in North-East India.
7. The idea of the preamble has been borrowed in Indian Constitution from the Constitution of
8. In the Constitution of India, the term ‘federal’ appears in
9. Indian federal structure is inspired by which model of thecountries given below?
10. India has borrowed the concept of Fundamental Rights from the Constitution of
11. The phrase equality before law used in Article 14 of Indian constitution has been borrowed from the Constitution of
12. The source of the basic structure theory of the Constitution of India is
13. Which of the following is not a feature of the Indian Constitution?
14. Consider the following statements:The Indian Constitution is:
1. an unwritten constitution.
2. a written constitution.
3. largely based on the Government of India Act, 1935.
4. a gift of British Parliament.Of these statements:
15. The idea of the Directive Principles of state policy in the Indian constitution has been taken from the Constitution of
16. Which one of the following is not a part of the ‘basic structure’ of the Indian Constitution?
17. Consider the following statements:
The salient features of the Indian Constitution provide for:
1. Single citizenship for the whole of India.
2. Strictly federal form of government.
3. Unique blend of rigidity and flexibility.Of the above statements:
18. which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. The Cabinet Mission to India was headed by Lord Pethik Lawrence
2. The Constitution of India was adopted by the Constituent Assembly
3. The Constituent Assembly for undivided India first met on 9th December, 1946
19. Who among the following was the Constitutional adviser to the Constituent Assembly of India
20. Which of the following statements is/are incorrect
1. The Constitution of India was enacted by a Constituent Assembly set up under the Cabinet Mission Plan, 1946
2. The Constituent Assembly which framed the Constitution for Independent India was set up in 1946
3. The demand for the Constituent Assembly was put forward by the Indian National Congress in 1936 at its session held at Lucknow
21. Which of the following Acts gave representation to Indians for the first time in the Legislature?
22. The Indian Constitution establishes a secular state, meaning
1. the State treats all religions equally.
2. freedom of faith and worship is allowed to all the people.
3. educational institutions, without exception, are free to impart religious instruction.
4. the State makes no discrimination on the basis of religion in matters of employment.
23. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. The Crown took the Government of India into its own hands by Government of India Act, 1858
2. The office of Governor General of India was created by Government of India Act, 1858
3. Mr. Attlee, Prime Minister of England, announce the transfer of power to the Indians june, 1948
24. Who among the following was the Chairman of the Union Constitution Committee of the Constituent Assembly?
25. Who among the following was not a member of the Constituent Assembly?
26. Which among the following is/are the feature (s) of a Federal State?
1. The powers of the Central and the State (Constituent Unit) Governments are clearly laid down
2. It has an unwritten Constitution.
Select the correct answer using the codes given
27. The Constitution of India divided the states of India in categories A. B. C. and D in the year 1950. In this context which of the following statements is correct?
28. Under whom among the following was the first draft of the Constitution of India prepared in October 1947 by the advisory branch of the office of the Constituent Assembly?
29. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
1.The idea of the Constitution of India was first of all given by M.N.Roy
2.The members of the Constituent Assembly were elected by Provincial Assemblies
3.The Government of India Act, 1935 vested the residuary power in the Governor-General
30. The first attempt at introducing a representative and popular element in administration was made by
31. What was the main stipulation of Government of India Act, 1935 ?